Our 24-hour turbo yeast is a high alcohol and temperature tolerant distillers moonshine yeast complete with needed nutrients. This high alcohol turbo yeast for moonshine and spirits will produce 14% alcohol from a sugar wash in 24 hours. Now that's a TURBO yeast! However, if you have plenty of time, we would recommend our 48-hour moonshine yeast, since it ferments more cleanly.
Each packet of 24-hour turbo yeast is good for one 5 gallon batch. We recommend using a fining agent like Turbo Clear before putting your wash into the boiler.
For a video on how to make a turbo yeast mash (and see how easy it is), please see our blog post on how to make a turbo yeast mash.
Instructions (per 5 gallons):
1. Add 4.5 gallons of lukewarm water to your fermentation vessel.
2. Add 20 cups (10 pounds) of sugar for a 14% mash and stir until completely dissolved.
3. Add the package of 24-hour turbo yeast.
4. Ferment between 70-85 degrees, or until all fermentation activity stops (this is easy to see by the bubbles from an airlock, but often can be heard as a fizzing noise too). A lower fermentation temperature will lead to longer fermentation times.
24-hour Turbo Yeast - 210 g
- Brand: Brewcraft
- Product Code: 24HourTurbo
- Availability: In Stock