Our 24 hour turbo yeast is a high alcohol and temperature tolerant distillers yeast complete with needed nutrients. This high alcohol turbo yeast for moonshine and spirits will produce 14% alcohol from a sugar wash in 24 hours. Now that's a TURBO yeast! However, if you have plenty of time, we would recommend our 48 hour turbo yeast, since it ferments more cleanly.
Each packet of 24 hour turbo yeast is good for one 5 gallon batch. We recommend using a fining agent like Turbo Clear before putting your wash into the boiler.
For a video on how to make a turbo yeast mash (and see how easy it is), please see our blog post on how to make a turbo yeast mash.
Instructions (per 5 gallons):
1. Add 4.5 gallons of luke-warm water to your fermentation vessel.
2. Add 20 cups (10 pounds) of sugar for a 14% mash and stir until completely disolved.
3. Add the package of 24 hour turbo yeast.
4. Ferment between 70-85 degrees, or until all fermentation activity stops (this is easy to see by the bubbles from an airlock, but often can be heard as a fizzing noise too). A lower fermentation temperature will lead to longer fermentation times.
24-hour Turbo Yeast - 210 g
- Brand: Brewcraft
- Product Code: 24HourTurbo
- Availability: In Stock